Almost a year ago I was lucky enough to marry the love of my life, and almost 6 years ago I was lucky enough to ((finally)) start dating him.
These handful of years have truly been the best of my life, and as I sit on our couch, catching up on one of my favorite cartoons (Steven Universe, if anyone was wondering) and listening to my husband snoring in our bedroom, I can’t help but think of all the reasons I am grateful for him.
So, not that anyone really needs to hear or see it, but, I’m going to make a list of all the things I am grateful for that he has brought to my life. (I probably will not actually get all of them, but I will get more than most care to read. lol)
So thank you, sweetheart, for:
- Making me feel more loved than I truly ever thought possible
- reminding me to relax when the world and my own ambition has me completely overhwhelmed
- being so incredibly supportive of me, my education, and my career choice
- giving in when I sent you the picture of baby Arceus
- giving in again when you went to get ammo and I went “to look” in PetSmart, and we brought Hoopa home with us
- loving the cats just as much as I do (even though they cuddle me more)
- loving my sisters and being a positive role model in their lives
- working as hard as you do; I truly, very deeply, appreciate your work ethic and your desire to excel in your career and all you do for us
- getting dinner when I don’t have the time to cook, or when it’s more important for us to spend time together than for me to spend 40 minutes to an hour in the kitchen
- letting me enjoy the extra money I’m making now because I haven’t really had that in literally years
- surprising me, constantly, with little, sweet things that catch me off guard; even six years into our relationship-these mean more than you know~!
- making me feel beautiful every day; especially on the days where I feel bloated/am breaking out/suddenly hate every piece of clothing I own/etc.
- complimenting me for things ranging from my cooking to my drive, my brain to my faith, my childish moments to my extremely mature ones, etc.
- having a surprisingly helpful input when it comes to buying make up/clothes/other “girly” things
- watching things I like even when you’re not particularly interested in them
- managing to talk mostly non-stop most mornings between 6 and 7am as we drive to work together
- the innumerable amounts of private concerts I’ve gotten on each and every one of our car drives together; whether they’re 10 minutes or several hours
- making sure I am always basically the most amount of happy it is currently possible for me to be
- keeping me grounded
- reminding me that most things are not, in fact, the end of the world
- making me feel comfortable in my own skin (this may very well be the most significant thing on this list)
- the countless amount of adorable and explicitly husband/wife things other people definitely don’t want to hear about
- making me truly happy to be alive
- making me want to be the best possible version of myself; when it comes to being a wife and also simply just being me
- trying everything I cook, even if you’re pretty sure you’re not going to like it, and being extremely nice about whatever it is
- letting me sleep in as long as I need to on the weekends
- understanding when I sometimes (more frequently, lately) go to bed much earlier than you
- reminding me that the future, whatever it holds, will be face-able, as long as I have you by my side
- making me laugh constantly, even at times when I feel like crying/am basically asleep/etc
- getting me through the process that was planning the wedding
- growing with me through the last 6 years
- being my friend before being my boyfriend and eventually my husband
- making me feel truly happy to be alive and experiencing life and all it has to offer
- basically for almost all of the good feelings I have these days, while still making me feel like a bad-ass woman who can handle her shit.
You are the best, and I still thank God every day for you (even including your snores, which seem to bother everyone but me).
The last (roughly) six years have been amazing, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of my life, as your wife, has in store for us. I mean, look at how far we’ve come! From the first pic we took as a couple (on the right) to the most recent one we took earlier this month. Can’t wait to compare how we’ve changed in another six years.